About Me

Monday, October 23, 2017

The Bibliophile Sweater Tag






Tracey over at Adventure Awaits (you should go check out her blog) tagged me to do this. Thank you, Tracey! :)  So here goes it...


Rules:
  • Give the person who tagged you a never-ending supply of cookies (or just thank them - either works) 
  • Answer all the questions and use the blog graphic for this tag somewhere in your post
  • Pass along the tag to at least five other people 
  • Wear a sweater (okay, this is optional...but why wouldn't you want to??)


Fuzzy sweater (a book that is the epitome of comfort)


I know about a million people probably chose this book as their fuzzy sweater, but really, nothing beats this story (and this is the exact version of the book I got - the whole collection in one big volume. Doesn't really help if you just want to take along a book in case). I don't think any story will ever take its place in my favorites. The magic of it has ensnared me for life.  



Striped sweater (book which you devoured every line of)

This is a little different. I picked up this allegory last March and absolutely loved it. I could relate a lot to the main character, and there were so many beautiful ideas and pictures within its pages that gave me more understanding on certain aspects. It also reminded me God is much merciful than I am. 

Ugly Christmas sweater (book with a weird cover)

This was one of the harder ones because I don't pay that much attention to book covers? Growing up, I read a lot of older books (A lot. New books for me could still be 30 years old...), and they didn't have covers that popped out, if any. However, when I requested the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on my Christmas list years back, I didn't specify they had to have cool covers. I wouldn't say they're terrible, but...they're sort of dorky. After watching the epic movie, you then see Aragorn with a silly feather sticking out of his headgear and awesome purple clothing. Plus all the faces are strangely pointed. Oh well. Honestly they pretty much stay in their case so it doesn't matter. 

Cashmere sweater (most expensive book you've bought)

Okay, so I don't buy a whole lot of books, and if I do, they usually end up being from a thrift store or ABE Books. I usually just put whichever ones I want on my wishlist, and someone else eventually buys them for me (because as much as I would love to reread favorites, it just doesn't happen much with my slow reading). So this cost me a little more than $20 dollars, and I ended up giving it to a friend to read. It's a great book, by the by, and I would eventually like a copy, but I have a hard time buying a book for $20 for myself. 

Hoodie (favorite classic book)

This is a classic, right? Out of all the Jane Austen novels, this one has always been my favorite. Probably because I like Mr. Knightley (what is there not to like about him?). I probably watched the three different...four different movies a million times (not necessarily my choice) before reading the books, but it was really fun to read the books and find how faithful some of the film adaptions were. The conversations. The characters. The messiness, but mostly Mr. Knightley. 

Cardigan (book that you bought on impulse)

Another confession: I've never bought a random book on impulse (if by impulse, you mean seeing it and just randomly picking it up without knowing much about it or reading reviews on it, right?). This book was the closest I came to buying a book on impulse. I saw it in a store in SC and read the first chapter to find it humorous and very relatable. I was so tempted, but it was on the more expensive side, and I would have to fit it into my luggage...so...

Turtleneck sweater (book from your childhood)

 One of the first books I ever received. It's about a little girl who has the ability to kiss her elbows which means she can fly. Oh, and a toy dog whose job is to protect her. And a cat. 

Homemade knitted sweater (book that is Indie-published)

---(no idea)---




V-neck sweater (book that did not meet your expectations)

I know a lot of bloggers that loved this book and had put it on their 'all-time favorite' list so I had a lot of expectations. Sadly, it didn't live up to them. It wasn't that I didn't like the story. Most times I don't not like the books I read, I just end up being apathetic towards them. This was one of those. *hides before anyone shoots her*.


Argyle sweater (book with a unique format)


----(no idea)----

Polka dot sweater (a book with well-rounded characters)

Anne of Green Gables
Well-rounded, I presume, means three-dimensional? If so, this is it. I can't think of any other book I've read where the characters jump off the pages as much as in this one. Matthew, Marilla, Anne, Rachel Lynde - you never had to wonder who was talking. They were all very distinct. I always felt like I was with friends and family when reading these stories. 



Now I tag...

Ivie @ Ivie Writes
Gray Marie @ Writing is Life

And anyone else who wants to do it! 

Enjoy! 

8 comments:

  1. this is the sweetest ideas!
    being a college student, i don't have enough time to read more than all my textbooks and Scripture, but i do wish i could participate!
    have a beautifully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun! I was a little worried that I didn't have answers for many, but I surprised myself.
    I don't think you have to do recently read books on here as answers, but I do totally understand about the whole time thing. You could always save the idea away for a day when your blog needs a new post and you have the time.

    Thank you for commenting, Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me! I'll probably do this post for tomorrow because I forgot that I hadn't come up with a Saturday post and I was starting to have a mild freak out on what to post. And this comes with the graphic, so I don't have to worry about any other graphics, besides the book covers.

    God bless! <3

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'll have to go check your post out today! :)

      Delete
  4. I was just thinking that I need to sit down and read the Chronicles of Narnia because it's finally getting breezy and all autumn-like over here! :) I love that series but sadly have never finished it?! GAH. I had the big volume, too, when I was a kid and it was a PAIN to lug that thing everywhere. But such a good series, from what I've read! P.S. The childhood book about flying sounds adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read all of The Chronicles of Narnia!? You need to go do that. Right now (granted, the last one is a little painful to get through).

      So glad you stopped by my blog and commented, Erin! =)

      Delete
  5. Ack, Meaghan, I promised to leave you a comment, and then I didn't show up! Bad blogging manners. I'm sorry. (Though I DID read it back when you posted it, lol.)

    FOR NARNIA, AND FOR ASLAN! Ahem, I adore Narnia. Just had to get that out of my system. ;)

    Pretty sure my mom has read Hind's Feet on High Places, and I've been meaning to try it someday!

    *shudders at the LOTR covers*

    Ooh, I need to read Emma sometime too! TKAM and Anne of Green Gables are absolutely lovely. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfectly alright. I know how life gets crazy, and you're here now anyway =)

      Can we just find a wardrobe and get out of here? That book has ruined me for life, I think. The other day, on a roadtrip, I was listening to the soundtrack for the first movie, and it's just so achingly beautiful. Gah.

      Hinds' Feet on High Places is an allegory so if you like those types of things, then you should definitely read it. And Emma because that's just a fun book.

      Thank you, Tracey! =)

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.