About Me

Monday, April 16, 2018

Steps Turn Into a Dance

I hope you are the one
-There. That's something
I won't ever let you know. 
It goes where secrets go
Somewhere deep inside my soul. 
I hope you are the one
-I'll set my sights on you
And watch and wonder
And hope and dread
As each day passes,
And this doesn't fall apart.
I wait and expect it
To break within itself
Like everything else 
That's started out as something good.
It would be much easier
If this was a 'could have been',
Instead of something
That might shake the basis
Of what I have been
And who I am,
But I hope you are the one
-It's a flicker deep inside
That has barely come alive.
If you are what you say you are,
If there's meaning to your words,
Then maybe my hand can fit
Together with your hand.
Maybe our steps can turn into a dance,
Or at least we won't trip
If we try to walk in time. 
Mostly I just hope
That by some chance
This won't leave me lost,
And perhaps once will be enough
To remove my garden walls
And let me learn to trust
And then maybe to love. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! It brought back a lot of memories of old dance classes :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! I love adding different imagery of my life experiences into my poetry, even if the essence isn't necessarily personal, and dancing and poetry kind-of go hand-in-hand.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.