About Me

Monday, May 14, 2018

Invisible Property Line


Invisible property line 
-- Am I trespassing on yours
Or are you trespassing on mine?
If you just keep your distance,
I'm sure we'll be fine.
These lines are for our safety,
Or at least that's what I'll say 
As I take my steps away.
We could be friends
Or maybe friendly neighbors,
But that would imply
A wave as I go by,
And I don't think that's what you think of
When you say that's what we'll be.
These laws are for a purpose
--To keep us contentedly in a box
Or a square or rectangle
Or whatever the lines are
That make up your staked property,
And I'm in this box contentedly
With no wish to make its corners curved,
But you are a little close for comfort,
Coming closer every day.
Don't you remember
There's this invisible property line,
And I'm sure you're invading mine.
Just take a step back,
And then I'll build a fence
Which we will conversate across.
We won't worry about lines
-- I won't worry about how close you are
Because we'll always have this wall
--This protection for my heart.
I guess I'll add 'hello'
To my daily wave,
And I guess we'll be friendly neighbors now,
Even though the fence will bock our faces
From having further conversations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.