About Me

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Soul-Filling Silence


Let's go find a lake
Somewhere they won't find us,
Somewhere the noise
Inside my head 
Quiets or goes away.
Let's just sit here for awhile
As I remember
What it is to...be,
And please remind me
Who I am without the moving --
The constant, restless moving
And the doing.
It's something
I always seem to forget.
Maybe if you remember,
Some of the voices in my head
Will learn to just be quiet.
I'll know what stillness is
Apart from this running away
Into the hills to finally breathe.
Can we be quiet by these waters
And fill our lungs with air,
Sitting shoulder to shoulder
In this place, this connection,
Free from despair?
I'll look at you and smile.
You'll just smile back.
We won't need words here
In this soul-filling silence
Because I know I'm safe with you.
I am always safe with you,
And you'll remind me
I'll be alright. 


+++

I tried entering a poetry contest. I didn't place, but it's alright because if my poetry can somehow slip into the cracks in my heart and maybe resound in one or two other people's lives, then I'm content. Where are your happy places? Where do you go to escape your brain and life? 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 I'm off to check out your website after this =)

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness.
    i love love love this.
    SO beautiful.

    these lines:
    Will learn to just be quiet.
    I'll know what stillness is
    Apart from this running away
    Into the hills to finally breathe

    WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, your comments are always so encouraging to me! Thank you for loving my words <3

      Delete
  3. "We won't need words here
    In this soul-filling silence
    Because I know I'm safe with you."

    Those words are my favorite in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some of my favorite lines, too <3 Thank you, Vanessa =)

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.