About Me

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Paint Your Soul {poetry}


I'll paint your soul with colors,
the brightest I can find, 
with sunsets and mountain meadows 
and afternoon sunshine.

I'll paint you the color of adventures,
of your hand in mine,
so in these winter months
you'll remember another time,
and even if you can't,
I'll remember it all for you.

I'll etch into your heart
my words of honest hope.
I don't know about tomorrow,
but I know as long as I have breath,
I'll face the dark with you,
just as I danced in the sunshine,
your hand always in mine.

I'll paint your soul with colors
when it grows too dim to be seen.
I'll sing you back your song
when your heart has lost its tune.
I'll add my favorite parts
--your laugh, your smile,
those long car rides
on deserted roads
in the early morning light,
and mostly, your hand in mine --
Those were all my favorite parts
because you reminded me what it means to be alive,
and now it's my turn
to decorate your world with brighter hues
and memories of perfect moments.

I'll paint this darkness with colors
Till it's so bright
your soul can't help but be light.
Your heart can't help but laugh
at the colors I've painted the soul-suffocating night. 

2 comments:

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.