About Me

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Promise {poetry}



This world lays so still
between this life and death,
caught between what seems so real
and what we've been promised
it will be.

We will be alright
when all the dust has settled,
when all our blood has spilled,
and the tears mix with the soil.
Still, we will be alright.

Our names have been engraved
on the very palm 
of Someone else's hand,
and Someone's made a promise
that will be kept,
even if we go it alone
and every piece of our heart
is lost in the dirt and dust.

There is a promise
still standing 
somewhere we can't ruin it
with our filthy hands.
A promise that weighs more 
than our own soul
and the lying monologue
circling inside our mind,
circling in close for the kill.

The world seems
to hold its breath
to see which part of me
will make it out alive
from this silent war,
from this fight
between life and death, 
and how my soul is crushed, 
and Your promise lingers on.

We will be alright,
even if I choose to drown.
We will be alright,
even if hope and purpose can't be found.
We will be alright
because we will not be forgotten
by the One with scarred hands. 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. bite* and in the best way.

      Delete
    2. OH MY TIREDNESS. It's bit not bite there was no type. Hah, I love you feel free to delete my silly but I hope you laugh a little or a lot at this typo that's not a typo.

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.