About Me

Monday, August 26, 2019

{poetry}


Fear creates exhales
and makes absences
something to relieve
this anxiety from off my chest.

If you say goodbye,
I won't have to wonder
when the ball will drop,
when the tear will start,
when my heart will break
because it will
- at least that's what 
fear sees best,
and it's always there to say
things that never set 
my soul at rest.

I'll  say it for you
-'Goodbye' - 
so as not to waste our time
with anything less.
We both have good hearts
and so and so.
We'll leave ourselves at good intentions
because that's all we are
-there isn't time
to pass the tests
and somehow find my trust.
I let fear tell me where to hide it,
and fear always plays
through the scenarios
so you won't ever find it,
then you won't let it fall,
and I'll still be okay
through it all. 

'Solitude is safest'.
In solitary wandering 
no one says you're lost.
No one says you're lonely.
No one calls your actions out
and says that fear is the loudest,
but fear is always the loudest.
Sometimes it fakes safety
when it's imprisoned you at home.
Sometimes it creates exhales
and makes absences seem safest.
- 'I'm happier when you're gone'-
How could I be happier when you're gone? 

1 comment:

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.