About Me

Thursday, December 8, 2016







It seems strange that I
Was yours before
You knew my name,
And I knew yours,
And yet, I felt you,
Long before your hand
Reached out to softly,
Gently meet mine.
Your touch is so familiar
As if I've felt you
Since the beginning of time-
Stop. Withdraw the touch.
I've already lost myself
Down into the depths of you,
But we must go slow,
Even though you and I know
We've known one another
Since before the sands of time.
Slowly, softly, gently,
Let me learn your voice
As I have already learned your touch.
Let me draw inside my mind
The carefully sculptured lines
Of your face - your frown, your smile.
Let me learn the details
That I have yearned to know
When I felt your fleeting touch
Before I could find you.
Don't touch me, please,
Or I will lose my breath,
Or this beating heart will explode
With all its aches
And hopes and dreams and breaks.
I am so raw and naked
Beneath your searching eyes.
I cannot hide my broken.
I cannot hide my pride.
I cannot hide the times
When I stole myself away from you
As I waited and waited and waited
To feel a touch no longer fleeting.



Afterthought: Five inches of snow today, and still snowing last I checked.

4 comments:

  1. This is so breath taking! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was so amazing! You're really talented at writing!

    Wow, five inches of snow! That really is a lot, considering that it hasn't snowed at all where I live :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jollygirl! I so appreciate your comment :) Does it usually snow any where you live? Or is the snow just being a slowpoke this year?

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.