About Me

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The other morning we had hoar frost on all the trees. I was taking the dog back outside after having her in all night (because of the cold), and I ended up wandering around in 8 degree weather taking pictures. It was so beautiful. More pictures are bound to show up here eventually.



I've always known your song.
I've heard it in the darkness.
Its notes have echoed in my heart
Till I memorized every broken part,
And I have cried with you
When its sad notes faltered,
When your feet lost their footing,
And your soul began to wander.
I tried to call you back to me,
Singing your song from memory,
But though I know it too well,
It is still your song, not mine.
A reflection of beauty is
Only just a reflection,
And my voice could never sing
The song that's full of your soul.
Dear one, sing your heart.
I am listening to the silence
With open ears, if only for a whisper
- A broken whisper of a song
I knew when it first began.
I've always known your song.
I've heard it in the darkness,
And now I need it, love.
If you lose your music,
If you lose your soul,
I'll lose myself alone.
I've been screaming out your song
For I know it better than my own,
And now I've lost my own.
Where are you, my soul, my song?
Where are you, my sweetest note?

4 comments:

  1. Everything about this post is lovely. (I'd love to see more pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alicyn, and thanks for reading and commenting! I have the pictures. It's just a matter of transferring pictures from my phone to my computer. It shouldn't be that hard, but...it's still an operation :)

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.