About Me

Sunday, March 19, 2017

You saw me,
And that was strange.
You saw me
As I played my part-
A small portion in your pretty life,
In your perfect life,
And yet, I've seen you.
I've watched you silently
From a safe and intimate distance
Of my invisibility.
My hands have lingered
Where your hands have stayed,
And sometimes I see your soul
In the creations you have made.
Our eyes meet,
And I wonder what you see.
Do you look down upon my work
Because I only wipe away
The filth that stays behind
And stains your perfect view?
My work is invisible.
I disappear behind the scenes,
But that doesn't make me less than you -
However humble my job may be.
"Who is she?" You ask,
As I float away.
"Just another part of the whole"
Is the answer you receive.
Do you think the world is yours?
Is that the whole of which you speak?
My life is my own whole,
And you are just a piece.
Your pride must sting a little -
Oh imagine, my life is more than you,
Your money, your house, your time,
But you saw me,
And that was strange.
You saw me, and you asked,
"Is it you who I've heard sing?"

2 comments:

  1. OH MY MY! I love this! I am never disappointed by your writing! Is this based on something that happened to you? The question "Do you think the world is yours?" is something I stopped and thought about for a while. I would say the world is here for me and I for it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vanessa! It's based off of two different things, really. Currently I clean houses, and in such a job, you kinda get a different view of people's lives. Also, if I'm not careful, I start singing since that's something I do around my house without much thought. Oops. Then the other part is based on a conversation I had with a friend/acquaintance. She probably didn't mean to be unkind, but she was signifying her disdain for an individual by saying that the only job she would trust her in was as a janitor, essentially what I do. That kinda stung.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.