About Me

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Stuff (aka, It's Already the Beginning of a New Week, and I Didn't Plan Another Post)

Winter is almost over, or at least that's what I've come to believe. The snow is finally melting in a flood after three consistent months of a white covering (pretty much unheard of here). We have ponds and creeks just about everywhere, and I'm amazed at the system this world has for water supply. It's so simple and yet amazing. It's always amazed me how the snow melts in the mountains, comes down the hillsides and swamps our yard, then just keeps on going. I wonder why there has to be so much water now when I know in the Summer, everything will start turning brown, but that's just the way it is. Sometimes I think this is as close as a person can come to living in the desert without actually living in one.

I'm usually ready for Spring most years, but so far this year hasn't been the same. Usually I'm roaring to get out of the house and back to digging and planting and weeding. Maybe that enthusiasm will come eventually when the last of the snow has finally melted from my garden and the sun is a little warmer. But for right now, the idea exhausts me.

Each year I tell myself that I need to work better on time management. I tell myself that if I get up earlier or do this or that, I'll actually get everything done that I need to do. I tell myself that if I do this or that, I won't have to smack the same question over my head so many times - what is the priority?

But a day only has so many hours in it, and there is no humanly way to get everything done every day; so you have to ask yourself that question: What is the priority? And so much of the time, I don't have the answer. And I start to stress out and panic and get a stomach ache, even though all I can do is tackle the day and pray that God will give me the wisdom needed. That He'll send me in the right direction and bless the fruit of my labor.

And then you just have to trust Him, and that's hard.

Because I always feel like I need to know exactly what I'm doing each and every day, and if I don't accomplish it in so many hours, I just keep going because it has to happen now. Already, on the 5th of March, I have awoken from a hibernation of sorts and started asking: What is the priority? 

How do you figure out your priorities? Any advice for a stressed out me?

2 comments:

  1. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. Seriously I can relate so much to this...I've been feeling super stressed lately too. And it's like I have a lot to do but everyday I wonder if I'm actually chipping away at my priorities or if I'm just wasting time on things that I shouldn't really be committing to???? IDK THIS IS NOT A HELPFUL COMMENT, BUT... YOU'RE NOT ALONE. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THIS. Well, the next best thing to advice is knowing someone else relates to your struggles; so thank you :)

      Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.