About Me

Sunday, May 7, 2017




I found you there.
Right where I never thought you'd be.
Near to my heart,
Making it hard to breath,
And I wondered just how long
Since you crept so close,
How long since your hands
Began to patch up all my holes
Because I must have missed you
All these hours, days, or years,
Because I never saw you.
It never occurred to me that you were already here.
Now I can't say,
"Come in and make this your home."
Your hut outside my wall
Is where you've picked to dwell,
Close enough for me to eventually feel
But not close enough to invade my space.
I don't care about those things -
My heart, my self, my space -
Least not anymore
Since I've found your hiding place
- No, this isn't where you've hid.
This is where I have made you stay
Because my heart is not completely home
To anyone other than my selfish self.
At least come in for a meal.
A simple meal is nothing for me to fear,
Except I find your presence perplexing.
When your eyes met mine,
I can't seem to worry
Or wonder about another time.
My heart is better when you're here,
But at the end, I let you disappear
Beyond my heart's high walls
To your hut in some other's field.
At least move in a little nearer;
So I can see you when I hope
That somehow I will be better
And call across to you,
"Besiege this heart now
And take your rightful place.
I cannot stand not to be close
When my heart yearns
For what your heart makes."

4 comments:

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.