About Me

Monday, June 26, 2017

June in Photos and Beautiful Words

I picked a bouquet of Sweet Williams for my Grandma.  

"Flowers are the sweetest thing God ever made and forgot to put a soul into." - Henry Ward Beecher

In South Carolina, my friend took me around to see the old mill towns and then these old towers.
"Souls tend to go back to who feels like home." - N. R. Hart

In North Carolina at the Carl Sandburg place, it was absolutely wonderful. There is something about being up towards the hills/mountains, regardless of the state.
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." - Helen Keller
This is what my world looks like from air. I actually live on the other side of the valley, but this was as we flew in.
"Instruct us in the civil art of making from the muddled heart a desert and a city where the thoughts that have to labor there may find locality and peace, and pent-up feelings their release." -Anden

Home. It was strangely rainy and in the 70s when I got home from traveling. There is something perfect about the high-elevation desert softened with rain.
"She loves moonlight and rainstorms and so many other things that have soul." - JmStorm

Greenville, SC. The rather lovely park in downtown.
"Be so full that even if they take & take & take & take, you can still be overflowing." - Alison Malee

This is another wildflower. It is yellow when it is blooming, but I always love when it goes to seed. Like dandelions, but so much bigger.
"She looked up at the sky and whispered, 'Take anything away from me, take all if you want to; but please -- please, let me keep this one thing'." - Lang Leave

They're called Goats' Beards
"What cannot be said will be wept." - Sappho

Wild mustard and old apple bins. The wild mustard grows thick up where my grandpa's pear orchard used to be.
"Home murmurs, 'Where have you been?' And I cannot help but say, 'Away; looking for you'." - Noor Unnahar

South Carolina near Archibald Rutledge's plantation.
 If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads." - Anatole France


North Carolina. We got caught in a rain storm and were soaked in minutes (we had been eating our lunch outside). One of  my favorite parts of the trip - the unexpected is my favorite.
"The Jesus they saw loves people. Without regard, He loves them. And when nightmares sweep people's lives away, leaving them helpless on the ground, He lies down next to them." - Brant Hansen


Do you enjoy quotes? Which of these do you like the best? Do you have a favorite quote?  Sometimes I find the perfect words - the words that make my heart sing - are the ones that tie together in a short sentence. Sometimes those ache so much more than full stories.

7 comments:

  1. These photographs are so pretty! I love the quote from Jmstorm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jolly! Isn't that a lovely quote though? That was a Pinterest find, and despite the hours I've spent on Pinterest, I still don't regret joining it.

      Delete
  2. Your photographs ARE SO GOOD WOW <3 I especially love the one from the air. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Autumn! :) Isn't it so amazing to see the world from an airplane? I've flown a few times now, but every time, I am amazed at the beauty of everything from up high.

      Delete
  3. Amazing photos. I think my favorite quote is the last one. Jesus is with us no matter what and that's exactly what that quote says.

    The scenery is so beautiful. God bless you! <3

    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Ivie B! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. It's awfully fun to share them :) I do love that quote, too. It is such a perfect picture of God's love.

      Delete
    2. Yes it is. God is so amazing. Those photos were great. Everything is so beautiful.

      God bless.

      iviewrites.blogspot.com

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.