About Me

Sunday, July 2, 2017

I'll Take You to the Mountains

I'll take you to the mountains,
And there, I'll make you fall in love
With every little thing
And me.
You won't understand how
Or why it even happened
When you're so lost among the trees.
You'll forget about your life-
The one that no longer included me
-As we explore and become lost
In each other's shadows and the towering trees.
Your hand will reach out toward mine,
But in a secret sort of way,
And we'll never say a word,
Even though we both know
You'll never leave.
I know you never meant to stay.
It was never your intention.
I was not enough to keep you,
But it's this place,
These smells, this enchantment
That has engraved their mark upon your heart,
And so I brought you here.

I took you to the mountains
Where I made you fall in love
With every little thing
And eventually me
Because I knew this would steal
The notes right from you heart
And replace them with something sweet
-Something to remind of here
As if you did belong.
These are my hills,
And these are my mountains,
My perfumes, my enchantment,
And if you came so close to them,
How could you not fall in love with me?

Come with me to the mountains,
And there you'll fall in love
With every little thing
And finally me.

9 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. I don't usually like poetry (High school language arts scarred me), but that was beautiful. And I love the flower picture. Great job! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ivie! Your compliment means so much since you don't normally like poetry :)

      Delete
  2. asdfghjkl this THIS THIS

    I CAN'T BREATHE IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL <33333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abbiee! <3 I'm delighted you liked it.

      Delete
  3. I CAAAAAAANT BREEEEEEEEEEEEATHE ARE YOU KIDDING ME
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME
    THIS IS PERFECT.
    like I'm pretty sure there is actually no flaw in this whole thing how are you even here I am obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for reading and commenting, Olivia. It means so much coming from you. I've really admired the way you weave your words together. Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness that was so good. Like the "ouch that was painful and beautiful" kind of good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so delighted you liked it, Alicyn! I've always wanted my writing to have a bittersweet feel to it, and I'm happy when readers are able to experience the emotions behind it. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. WHAT IN THE WORLD?
    YES YES YES.
    I .
    LOVE .
    THIS .
    WOOOO

    Randy Abby
    WAKE ME UP Blog

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.