About Me

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A Half-Bloomed Flower




You paused,
And I paused, too,
To take some pictures
Of the mountains
Just coming into view.
You didn't say a word,
And I didn't think I needed to.
You were quite aware 
That my gaze was still on you
-Your flushing cheeks gave you away,
And your flying motions,
And your eyes hesitating to meet mine;
They told me more
Than you would ever dare to,

And so I let you be,
Hoping eventually you'd find your words.
I didn't want to steal a half-bloomed flower,

A half-bloomed kiss,
A masterpiece in progress,
A half-given gift.
So I waited,
And I watched you take the world in
Through a purer set of eyes,
And I caught a glimpse,
Of a beautiful world that's yours.
I knew why I couldn't leave
Or lose patience in the waiting -
It was you, and only you,
Who'd make my heart be satisfied,
But you are a wanderer,
A butterfly up on a breeze,
And it may take forever
To be enraptured by something as normal as me.
So let's take the world by storm,
Climb another mountain,
And see the better views,
Or hike to some place special.
With you, I don't mind the unexpected
So long as your eyes 
Begin to linger more on mine
And less on grander sights,
And you finally find your words. 

&

Written from a thirsty and tired land eagerly awaiting Fall and its rain. Burning throat and eyes. Aching head. Bleeding sun and moon. Blurry landscape clouded by some dying place not my own. Falling ash. I think my head is brittle. 



8 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Your poetry is so beautiful. Awesome job!

    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole concept of the half blossomed flower really touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Abie! I appreciate you reading and following! I've wanted to say thank you, but I never could figure out if you had a blog. So glad you commented =)

      Delete
  4. HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    a;slkdjfl/aksdjflksdjlfkjsdlifji
    I'm freaking out
    This is so technically gorgeous, like it's just so gooD
    but that's not even wherein its greatest strength lies like i dont even know how to expressssssssssssss how much this makes me feel like do you actually know me. this is amazing. thank you so much for sharing this. i am so incoherent rn hahahah I WANNA BOOKMARK THIS

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.