About Me

Monday, September 4, 2017

Growing Pains






Have I lost my voice?
Or are these just growing pains?
Is something changing deep inside?
Or am I still the same?
Did I know how to use my words
At a time when I was free
From this criticizing voice?
Or have I always been like this
- A wretched, doubting servant
whose uses are so few?
There I go again -
To think you wouldn't use me
Because perfection is what you seek.
Perfection is my point of view.
It was never yours.
You are too wise to mistake us for that.

Am I meant to blindly go
With unshaking convictions deep within?
Someone says one thing;
Another says something else.
I believe and fall for each.
I know nothing of myself.
I cannot understand my own voice.
My heart fools me
As if I've never been fooled before
By the ever-changing flow
Filling the corners of my mind.
 I could use some clarity-
A little word straight from the wise,
But they have never stopped me.
It's you that I really need. 

I think I've lost my push,
My force, on and on.
My words hold no rhythm or rhyme,
And I am a stranger here.
So have I lost my voice?
Or are these just growing pains? 
Am I rebelling like a fool?
Or despairing with no hope?
My foolish heart won't stop its lies,
And I cannot hear internal melody. 




6 comments:

  1. Another beautiful post. Wonderful job!
    <3

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good, like, wow. We all go through emotions like this, and you really captured the heart of it. <3

    -Gray Marie
    graymariewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3 So glad you liked it and thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. " To think you wouldn't use me
    Because perfection is what you seek.
    Perfection is my point of view.
    It was never yours."

    aggghghhhhhh I so so identify with this! Great poem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia! I'm so glad that my rambling thoughts are relatable <3

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.