About Me

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Stolen Joy


There. I've done it once again.
Let get beneath my skin.

And you steal away my joy.
I've let you in
To steal away my joy.
I've let you 
Come too close and touch me
Where I'm broken most.
It ached
-This broken piece of me,
Only shattered more by a touch
That will never linger.

And now you know.
You have to know
Where lies my greatest flaw,
And so you sneak right in
To steal and destroy
My hope and my joy.
Hope and joy.

Why did I let you take them?
Why did I let you
Have this power over me?
No, you won't steal anymore
Than what I've let you steal.
You won't take away our memory.
Your face won't replace
The one I know and love.
You've changed,
But that doesn't mean she has
-- That girl,
The one inside my memory.
She wouldn't take my joy,
And so I take it back.

And I won't let you
Ever sneak beneath my skin.
I have room for a memory,
But there's no room for you.

1 comment:

  1. <3 You've written a beautiful piece. Please don't let them take your joy! You are too wonderful for them to do that to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.