About Me

Monday, July 9, 2018

Runaway



I think...
I think I'd like to runaway
And be a runaway
As long as it's with you.
Otherwise I wouldn't even
Last a single day.
Let's just leave our lives
And forget
About this aching pain.
Let's toss out all our troubles
And find some odd adventure
In forests and on mountain peaks.
I think...
I think it'd be enough-
You and me and God
And our conversations
And our own creations.
I don't think 
Anything could make me come right back
To what my life was like before.
I don't think 
I could bear this loneliness again
Or never seeing that face of yours
Or hearing what you have to say
To make the darkness lighten every day.
I think...
I think I'd stay a runaway
Because if I could just
Pack my bags and go,
I might outrun 
My loneliness and
My disappointment
And find some place
That's quiet to stay
Until my mind is silent.
I think...
I think it'd only work
If you were there with me. 






+++

Hey guys, I didn't intend on taking a two week break from blogging, but my brother and his family came to visit (which meant I met my nephew for the very first time!! He's just the sweetest little guy <3), and everything fell by the wayside. I have some other types of posts in the works, but for now, as I catch back up, I thought I'd post more poetry. 


I hope all of you are doing well! What's been happening in your lives?  

4 comments:

  1. Wow - this reminds me of my sister....

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The friendships where you are sick of the world but you still want to take the person along with you are the best ❤

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous and sad and I love it. <3 I could hear it as a song... something haunting sung by a voice like Fleurie's, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey ❤ I would love someday to be able to put some of my poems to music! I've tried in the past, but it's definitely a skill I haven't polished (if I actually have it).

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.