About Me

Monday, February 6, 2017



I knew Spring was coming,
Even before the birds,
Because the day would come
When you would call.
"Is the snow gone yet?"
You'd ask almost before 'hello',
Before you'd wonder how I was
Or what another Winter had done to my soul.
In fact I don't think I ever knew
If you ever wondered.
You would just call to see
If every bit of snow had left,
And then you'd seamlessly slip back into my life
As if you never even left.
You couldn't seem to see
I was just a stranger,
Waiting for a stranger to come back again.
I'd wait expectantly
For the birds to sing to me
On some bright and melting day
Because I knew you'd ask
If the birds had begun to sing.
You'd think I'd know these things,
But then you think I know a lot.
You thought I knew why
You left long before each first snowfall
-To beat the cold, of course -
But maybe you were avoiding
A long, freezing Winter with me.
It's not too hard to see
Since I wasn't enough to keep you here
And cold was enough to make you disappear.
"Is the snow all melted yet?"
You ask, almost before 'hello',
Before I hardly know it's you,
Before I hardly am awake.
"No, the snow's still here.
I think I'll be snowed in for the year."

2 comments:

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.