About Me

Sunday, February 26, 2017




"You asked me to stay
So I stayed
Through the Summer's long days
And the Winter's cold nights.
I stayed till I thought
I couldn't stay a moment longer -
A Summer, a Winter, two Summers more,
But you asked me to stay,
and so I still stayed.
The world was shouting,
"You're wasting your life!
This isn't your place!
This isn't your fight!"
Deep down, I guess,
I knew all along
What they said wasn't true.
Yet their voices were louder,
Sometimes louder than you,
But you asked me to stay,
And so I just stayed.
I built myself a hideaway.
I battened down the hatches
As more than the world
Criticized my strange passage.
I didn't follow the path set in stone,
But I didn't realize
I was making my own.
All that I was sure of,
All that I knew was
You had asked me to stay,
And so I stayed.
I didn't even know
If they needed me here.
Sometimes I wondered
If I stayed only because of fear.
Was it your voice that I heard?
Or was everyone else right
When they accused me of wasting my life?
No, no voice was heard.
It was deeper than that.
You planted the answer right in my heart;
So you never had to ask.
I just always knew
When others turned and left,
You made me to stay,
And so I stay."


This is where I'm at. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm right. I don't know, but God does, and maybe that will be enough for my worrisome heart.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like your in conflict about staying I hope you get clarity soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vanessa. I really hope so, too. It's an uncomfortable place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.