About Me

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Random, Rambling Thoughts of an INFJ (#4)

Stressed.

Yeah, that word sums it up. The hat my mom knitted for me comes off and goes right back on. It's been that way since December. I forget sometimes I have hair, except when I'm zipping up my coat, and it gets caught. Except when my scarf pushes the wild escape artists into my mouth.

You look tired.

I probably should be getting more sleep, but I don't try. My soul is too tired to give my body enough rest. There's the problem with hats - they don't hide eyes. I could disguise tired eyes behind makeup, but I don't give myself time. Dragged out of bed, and then I'm always running from one thing to another with gaping, empty hours between. Gaping, empty hours with my brain - a brain that thinks too much.

Shut up.

Funny thing about brains - they don't listen. The thoughts keep coming.

Shoulda, coulda, wish I woulda...

This train of thought is old, but it's the gift that keeps giving. I should spend my time more wisely. I could've used those gaping, empty hours to do this and this and this. I wish I would've because now I have an endless 'to-do' list.

You don't need to be stressed.

...Because saying that has always helped people not be stressed in the past.

Stressed.

I wonder if I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life. They say stressed out people live shorter lives. Do I want to live a long life? It sounds exhausting. And stressful.  I'll get back to you in ten years.

2 comments:

  1. Everything about this post is so admirable! Every word has purpose to it and the story about this makes it so compelling to read! I love that first paragraph where you talk about your hair getting stuck in your jackets zipper. This post is written so deeply too.

    ----

    OKAY! Now about the arm workouts! If you could email me I would love to get back to you with a few workouts. You can find my email on the contact page of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vanessa! I always appreciate your comments so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.