About Me

Monday, November 13, 2017

10 Songs To Brighten Your Day



Long, long ago when I first started in the blogging world, I used to post music I enjoyed listening to, but early on, I found out that people generally don't listen to recommended music, unless they specifically ask for recommendations. That stunk for me because I loved sharing new artists with people. In spite of that discovery (and mostly tailoring my posts to forego music), I decided I'd share a few of my favorites today. Because I've been feeling out of it (and honestly didn't have the heart to post anything real this week), I decided I'd specifically pick some tunes that fill me with hope (even though it'd be a lot easier to find the sad ones). I hope you listen to a couple and tell me what to think in the comments! 




1.

"You Don't Know How Beautiful You Are" - Jon Foreman

"Future gardens from all this rain.
Future flowers from present pain"





2.

"Farther Along" - Josh Garrels

"There's much more to life than we've been told.
It's full of beauty that will unfold
And shine like you struck gold, my wayward son.
That deadweight burden weighs a ton.
Go down to the river and let it run
And wash away all the things you've done.
Forgiveness, alright
"





3.

"Holy (Wedding Day)" - The City Harmonics

"This is the story of a bride in white,
Waiting on her wedding day,
Anticipation welling up inside
While the groom is crowned as king.
O death, where is your sting?
Cause we'll be there singing,
'Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord'."






4.

"I'll Keep You Safe" - Sleeping at Last

"You are an artist,
And your heart is your masterpiece,
And I’ll keep it safe."






5. 

"Light" - Sleeping At Last

"I will soften every edge.
I'll hold the world to its best,
And I'll do better.
With every heartbeat I have left,
I will defend your every breath,
And I'll do better."





6.

"Better Place" - Rachel Platten

"But it feels like I've opened my eyes again,
And the colors are golden and bright again.
There's a song in my heart, I feel like I belong.
It's a better place since you came along.
It's a better place since you came along."





7.

"Lion" - Rebecca St. James

"This is not a dream that I'm living.
This is just a world of Your own.
You took me from all that I knew,
Shown me how it feels to hope.
With You with me facing tomorrow together,
I can learn to fly.
Feels like I'm living in a lion's mouth, but the lion is an angel."





8.

"Lifetime" - Emeli Sande

"But you last a lifetime.
You last a lifetime.
Hey, love, can we dance together?
Since I found you feels like time don't matter.
Hey, love, I feel much better.
You show me forever."





9.

"Don't Give Up" - Shawn McDonald

"I've come too far.
I've seen so much.
I've heard the call and felt the touch.
I've tasted love that I cannot deny.
Don't give up.
Don't give up.
Hold on for one more day."




10.

"Best Day of Your Life" - Katie Herzig

"Come on, jump out the door.
You can't hold it down no more.
I'll show you how the birds learned how to fly.
Don't mind leaving your nest.
Don't mind making a mess.
This might be the best day of your life."






What are your go-to songs when you're feeling blue? Do you find you gravitate to songs that reflect your mood or do you try to listen to more upbeat ones? Have you heard any of these songs? Like them? Meh? Don't have time to listen to that many songs? 

4 comments:

  1. I love discovering new artists. Just listened to most of your list, and I feel more hopeful already. :) That Shawn McDonald song was especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So delighted that you gave these songs a listen, Tracey! And that they did their job. Maybe I'll do a post like this more often for the people who are in need of new music =)

      Delete
  2. I have been needing some new artists to listen to! These will be a great place to start...the only one I've heard is "Better Place", and so I'm sure the others will be awesome. I'll definitely listen to them tonight.
    I just ran across your blog and I love it! It's always so much fun to find more Christian bloggers because I feel like we always have an instant connection in some way. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Lauren! =) I'm so glad you stopped by and introduced yourself!

      That song by Rachel Platten = <3<3<3 Definitely one of my favorites period. I hope you enjoy the others!

      Thanks again for stopping by. I'm heading over to your blog right after this =)

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.