About Me

Monday, February 12, 2018

It's a Lonely Place



I know it's a lonely place
-This place with its every day walls-
But I'm never really lonely
Until I try not to be lonely,
If that makes any sense at all. 
I contort myself to fit the crowd,
And then I don't even like myself
-The version I am out there.
I can't breathe or simply be
When I believe that who I am is not enough.
So this is the place where I stay.
You call it my comfort zone.
I just know it's where I'm most me.
Can't that be enough?
I'll paint this place a warmer tone
Once my roots dig deep,
Once you're finally convinced
It's alright for me to stay,
Untouched by people out there
Whose circles I squarely fit.
So it's alright
If at first it's a little lonely
-This place with its worn, old walls -
I'll grow used to all its colors,
And then they'll soon be just me.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this describes so much of my life and how it's been for the last... ages.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.