About Me

Monday, February 26, 2018

Music (February 2018 Edition)



This is a continuation of a series I started last month. Because of my love of music and discovering new songs, I thought I'd do a post a month highlighting five different songs for any of those in need of new music! Hope you enjoy!


1. The Throwback.


I don't even remember actually hearing this song when I was younger. Maybe my dad sang it. All I know is when I was older, I started singing it at random and wondered where on earth it came from and what inspired a singer to write a song like this???

'You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd' - Roger Mill





2. The Instrumental.


I don't play computer games, but my brother does, and he showed me this song. My favorite part is around the 1:55 mark. The string instruments. So achingly beautiful. But also the vocals in the background. That always gives music a haunting quality. 

'Arkham City Main Theme' - Nick Arundel






3. The International.


Loreena McKennitt is Canadian (which isn't terribly international), but the greater part of her music is influenced by Celtic and Middle-Eastern themes. If you haven't heard of her, you need to listen to this. Her music stands apart from pretty much all of my music (except maybe Enya). The poetry, instrumentation, her voice. All of it is perfect <3


'Dante's Prayer' - Loreena McKennitt





4. The Newest Addition.


I was listening to a daily mix on Spotify and heard this song a couple weeks ago. I didn't realize it was by Relient K at first, but that's mostly because I think of 'Sady Hawkins' Dance' and 'I Must Have Done Something Right'  when I think of Relient K. As a writer trying to build a social media platform, I do have a hard time detaching entirely from electronics, and it leaves me feeling frustrated and trapped. And as an introvert who prefers written communication, it's easy to settle only for distant relationships.


'Look On Up' - Relient K





5. Top Favorite. 


I actually bought Emeli Sande's first full album on Amazon when it was one of the $5 dollar albums, and she has a lot of good songs on it, but this is one of the many that stuck out. 


'River' - Emeli Sande




+++

Have you heard of any of these artists or songs? What did you think of them? What kind of music did you grow up with? Any new finds? Please share in the comments! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Meaghan. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about you being Christ lover, photographer and the interest in music which is seen through your blog post. I love getting connected with the people of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. LOOKING forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you and your family a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2018. Since you long for long comments I hope you do not mind sharing about what God can do through you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.