About Me

Thursday, October 27, 2016

I could never hate you
Just because you are all I lack.
I could never hold
Your gifts against you.
After all, it's not your fault
That you are who you are.
I wouldn't feel this way
If I didn't like you a little bit.
It's just your sunshine-
I am warmed by its rays
Until you turn away,
And then I'm left so cold,
So cold and very dim.
No one notices me.
They couldn't, not beside you,
But it's not your fault,
And I cannot hate you for it.
I'm just cold, that's all.
I don't know how it is
That you can turn off and on your light
Or look completely away,
Leaving me so cold and all alone.
I stand at a distance,
Watching you among others.
I am hungry for your light.
I want it. I want you,
But really, I just want your heart,
Your joy, your laugh, your light.
I guess I do want you,
But my light is not a strong one.
It points inwards not towards another.
Maybe if I had a spark,
You'd see me alone in the corner,
And the spark would ignite your light,
But I am not the same as you.
I do not hate you for it.
I just wish I wasn't so cold
And could shine a little bit brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.