About Me

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I like predictability and normal and schedules.  I like being able to know what I am doing, what I'm working towards, and what is going to happen throughout the day, even if that is totally unrealistic. Spur of the moment isn't something I do all that great with. Most times my immediate reaction to things is definitely 'no', but given time, my negativity usually dissipates, and sometimes, I'll even see the positive in these random, sudden changes. It just takes time. I need time.

I've also found I like to keep things low-key. I don't like to draw attention to myself. I'll be perfectly content to be in the background where no one draws attention to me. Even in my clothing style, I've found that I am drawn towards dark colors that just blend all together in harmony. You won't find me in vibrant colors all that often.

Yet, every year around my Birthday, I get this strong urge to do something drastic. To do something utterly different than the normal. Everyone expects a certain thing from  me; so I want to do something that throws them off. It's a strange feeling for someone whose middle name is 'don't draw attention to myself', and most times these feelings bring nothing to fruition because my other 3/4ths get the best of me.

But this year, this year was different. What I did wasn't huge or terribly earth-shaking, but it was something I hadn't ever seen myself doing before, and now, after almost a week, I like the results.

I got these violet/red lowlights in my hair. The cool thing (which kinda fits right up my alley) is they aren't always noticeable. In some lights, it's just too dark to really know if the light is shining differently on my hair or if the color is something else. Other lights, you most definitely know. Right after I did it, we went clothes shopping, and the dressing room had a certain kind of light which made me totally do a 'What on earth have I done?!?'

Sometimes it looks pink. Sometimes it looks more violetish. Sometimes it is the red I was going for, but I'm happy with the results. Maybe most people won't notice, but I'll know, and once in a while, the color might catch someone else's eye for a brief moment. It's fun.

I also cut thirteen inches of my hair off at the same time, but that's a totally different story...which...is taking a lot more to get used to. I might post a picture if I ever catch the right lighting.


2 comments:

  1. This post is for sure keeping it real! I love the fact that you have explained who you are so well and what happens around your birthday. Darling- happy late birthday! I cut my hair short recently ok, not recently. Like about a month ago but I am still getting use to it. I like it but I miss my hair.

    YOURE HAIR. I really want to see a picture of your hair. It sounds really neat. I assume your hair is a dark shade? I am going to hit myself in the arm if you have said this in the post and I missed it.

    Anyways love this. Thanks friend!

    www.itssimplyme.com
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting again! It made my day to see this comment :)

      I had pretty long hair for the last three or four years; so this is really...really hard to get used to. Mostly I miss some of my tried and true hairstyles :\

      Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, my hair is a dark brown, and I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything about it before ;) I'll work on getting a picture.

      Thank you again!

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.