About Me

Monday, October 10, 2016

You said, "The snow is coming.",
But I couldn't feel it coming
In my room with the perfect view.
You said, "There's a bite to the air.
A nip that didn't exist before.
That couldn't exist before."
I guess you meant Summer was over
In your most round about way.
That Summer was over,
And you would be leaving.
You would be leaving before the snow came.
Before Winter was more than a bite to the air,
But you would not say that with words.
Only, "The snow is coming."
I didn't know the snow was coming.
I was still lost in Autumn's glow.
- A season you seemed to have forgot.
From my room with the perfect view,
The leaves were turning to gold.
They would drop when the colors were full,
And after a month or two,
Then the snow would finally come.
You would be gone when the gray turned to white
In a month. Two months and a week or so.
Still you felt the bite in the air
And confidently said, "The snow is coming."
I think I finally know why -
The snow was just an excuse for you to go.

2 comments:

  1. THIS. <3 THIS IS SO LOVELY.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog, dear!! :')

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I so appreciate you commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.