About Me

Saturday, November 19, 2016


I think you're like the wind,
Coming when I least expect it,
Touching my face with a soft
And cool and careful hand.
Touching my hair like it's more yours
Than mine - freely, softly and careful.
Your presence like a beam of sunlight,
Cheerful on a cloudy day.
You slip past my defenses
In your soft and careful way.
You give me a smile,
A heaping handful of joy
when I don't expect it.
You forced yourself deep inside,
Only to withdraw,
dragging pieces of me with you.
Yes, I think you are the wind,
Stopping, ceasing, disappearing
Without a word of goodbye.
I don't have the strength to withstand,
Withstand your alluring touch
Or the way you make me feel -
Joyful, free, lost at sea.
You make me laugh as easily
As you make me weep.
You reach in far too deep
To places others ignore.
You make me ache and break
And build again from the base.
Am I better or am I worse
Because of who I am with you?
Oh wind, come sweeping back to me.
You can be a breeze,
Not always a hurricane.
After you touch my darkest parts,
Can you look me in the eyes?
You know you have the same inside -
That's why you're always back,
And is it also why you hide?
Can you not bear to see broken
In someone other than yourself?

4 comments:

  1. SASDFGHJKJHJK WAHHHHT JUST HAPPENED TO MY HEART. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.

    "Or the way you make me feel -
    Joyful, free, lost at sea.
    You make me laugh as easily
    As you make me weep."


    ^^^^^^^
    CHILLS. SO MANY CHILLS.
    <3333333

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO BEAUTIFUL
    YOUR WRITING IS BEAUTIFUL
    WOW
    You're such a talented writer!
    -Jollygirl @ Reflections of a Jolly Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my blog and post a comment here :)

      Delete

Hey there! :) Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. I live for long comments, long walks, and food, especially food, but also long comments.